Skip to main content

Hey There!

My name is Jay Son and I am an Industrial Design major with a concentration on product design. My hobbies include anime, video games, bowling, and karaoke to name a few.

Many of my design influences stem from whatever I observe out in the world or from the brands I buy and personally use, which include (but are not limited to):

  • Adidas
  • Apple
  • Asus
  • Bellroy
  • Chrome Industries
  • Corsair
  • Google
  • Ikea
  • Logitech
  • Muji
  • Nintendo
  • Peak Design
  • Sony
  • The North Face
  • Tombow
  • Uniqlo
  • Vans

Inspirational Quote:

You should do it. I believe that talent, first and foremost, is the ability to take a chance and be calm enough to learn from mistakes. Being good or bad at drawing comes next. I've seen many people who were more talented than me letting a little self-consciousness or modesty cause them to miss out out on their chance.

- Yasuji Mori


Some of my design influences aside from the brands I own: 
  • George B. Bridgman
  • Glenn Vilppu
  • Google Material Design
  • Herman Miller
  • Kim Jung Gi
  • Kyoto Animation
  • Mechanical Keyboards
  • Naoko Yamada
  • NOSIGNER
  • PC Building

My hope for the future is:

Academically - Graduation is my number one priority, since I have been in college for over five years; however, the possibility of undergoing a graduate program in Japan is not out of the question.
Professionally - Live and work in Japan as a designer.
Socially - Above anything else, I value the relationships I have with others. The coming chapters in my life will likely be influenced by the people I meet and I hope to expand the possibility of my future by developing my network, particularly on the international level.


These are three images that best describe myself and my vision:




American | Korean | Japanese

Comments

  1. Jay,

    Welcome to DES 505!

    Please Upload & keep Updated your Journal BLOG with your, Course Assignment Deliverables; Design Thinking Activity; 3 Reviewed Past 505 Projects; 3 Proposed Project Topics; Preferred Project; Data Collected & Information Gathered

    Review SIX (6) Journal Blogs, within your assigned Group, plus 4 more outside your group. Please Add Comments

    (See designated groups on iLearn BLOG listings)

    Thank You!

    Prof. Gomes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dude!

    Nice Blog! I hope you make it to Japan as a designer so i have a place to stay when i go snowboarding in japan! then you can show me around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog my guy! As Marc said, become the best Japan based designer so we can get a room for the pow session!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment